10. The B Boys ‘Two, Three, Break’
9. New Order ‘Confused Beats’
8. Gary’s Gang ‘Makin’ Music’ (Dub Mix)
7. Candido ‘Jingo Breakdown’
6. Time Zone ‘The Wildstyle’ (Long Version)
5. The Packman ‘I’m The Packman (Eat Everything I Can)’
4. Unique ‘What I Got Is What You Need’ (Dub)
3. Capt. Rock ‘The Return Of Capt. Rock (Instrumental)
2. West Street Mob ‘Break Dance – Electric Boogie’
1. Hot Streak ‘Body Work’ (Instrumental)
Sand is the new solo project from Sam Healy, front man and song writer of North Atlantic Oscillation. Healy says the resulting album is a ‘palette cleanser’ and ‘Clay’ the first release off it is quite different from his NAO work. I’d describe it as Bob Mould if he joined The Flaming Lips, with a massive string section at the end. You can download the track for free at The Sand Band website HERE and the album will be out October, on Kscope.
I can’t put my finger on which exact band it is, but this new track from Coastal Cities reminds me of early 90’s Brit Indy. My mind keeps shouting Ride, but it’s not them, maybe a bit in the vocals, but not Ride. It’ll come to me. I’ll do an edit. If it occurs to you, shout out in the comments. Til then enjoy.
Release date October 28th on Once Upon A Time Records
A month after the release of Collaborations 1/2, featuring Etienne de Crécy, John Roman, Shinichi Osawa and Hoshina Anniversary, The Subs are back with the second installment. Once again their choice of collaborators is faultless, with Alex Gopher and Zombie Nation drafted in, along with upcoming Belgian talent Blatan providing a fittingly heavy, chaotic finale. Release date October 7th.